TO ALL OUR VALUED PATIENTS REGARDING THE COVID-19 VIRUS
Meridian Audiology recognizes that your safety and good health are of invaluable importance. This notice serves to inform you of just some of the important steps we are taking during these times of uncertainty .
We are continually monitoring the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other health entities to review and update our infection control protocols. These include but are not limited to: increasing the frequency and duration of our cleaning procedures, educating staff and patients on proper hygiene and hand washing techniques, and identifying patients and family members who may be at high risk of contracting the illness caused by the COVID-19 virus to prevent any possible transmission.
As thorough as our infection program efforts may be, they will most certainly be incomplete if we did not ask for your help. Please reschedule your appointment(s) if any of the following applies:
1) You have traveled to a high risk area in the last two weeks;
2) You suspect you may be suffering from a fever;
3) You currently have a cough or sore throat; or
4) You are currently suffering from shortness of breath
We are often asked for general guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Obviously, reducing the incidence of upper respiratory illness is the most effective precaution that we can take to limit infections. We recommend the following, in accordance with actions recommended by the CDC and WHO:
1) Avoid close contact with all members of the general public, especially those persons who are sick;
2) If you need to cough, do so into a tissue and immediately throw it away in a nearby trash can;
3) AVOID touching your nose, eyes, mouth and ears;
4) Clean/disinfect commonly touched surfaces and fixtures;
5) If you are ill, stay home except to receive medical care;
6) Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 30 (thirty) seconds
Maintaining your safety is a partnership between your Audiologist, our staff and you. Together, let’s commit to make every effort to help ensure your safety